Element has an opportunity for Technician (Microbiology) to join our growing team based in Sungei Kadut Loop area in Singapore. This is a great opportunity to develop your professional career within a Global TIC business.
• Perform microbiology testing on environmental samples. Ability to interpret and identify the microbes detected
• Prepare reagents/ media and maintain records for reagents/media prepared
• Ensure proper storage, records and safe usage of strains and media
• Ensure proper and safe use of autoclaves
• Ensure safety and cleanliness of the microbiology laboratory
• Perform daily monitoring & records on equipment used in laboratory
• Ensure testing meets the requirement of ISO/IEC 17025
• On-site/field testing, sampling and sample collection when required
• Other ad hoc activities assigned
• ITE/ Diploma related to Microbiology or equivalent
• Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in microbiology testing laboratory is an advantage
• Team player with initiative and good communication skills and a strong command of written English and dedicated in responsibilities
• Prior Working experience in SINGLAS laboratory is an advantage
• Possess valid Singapore Class 3/3A driving license will be an advantage
Element is the best and most trusted testing partner in the world providing high value, critical services to the Aerospace, Transportation, Oil & Gas, Fire & Building Products and Infrastructure & Environmental sectors, where failure is not an option.
Our purpose is a simple one. We make certain that all of the materials, products and devices we test, inspect and certify for our customers are always safe in their end application; are of marketable quality; are compliant with all relevant industry standards and regulations and are ultimately fit for purpose.
Element’s expanded network of over 6,000 Engaged Experts are trusted by organizations to test and advise on the safety, quality, performance and compliance of their products, systems and operations.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.