Element has an opportunity for a Senior Certification Engineer to join our growing team. This is a great opportunity to develop your Certification Engineering career within a Global Testing, Inspection and Certification business.
• Conduct technical assessments on fire safety products and systems, in lieu of fire tests, where appropriate
• Perform technical audits, prepare technical files, and make final product certification decisions
• Provide technical advice to clients and colleagues within the Warringtonfire business
• Technical project management, determination of project scope and specifications
• Management of entire certification and assessment project work flow (with full autonomy in senior roles)
• Responding to customer queries in an accurate, professional and timely manner
• Contribute to the business development, sales and key account management process. Provide support to ensure all opportunities are successfully followed through
• Improve and develop your knowledge regarding all National, European and International Standards and Specifications relating to fire safety, specifically in relation to fire protection to structural elements (eg. coatings, protective board systems, cladding, etc)
• Senior engineers are expected to lead and contribute to the development of standards, and to represent the company, as appropriate, on nominated standards, sector group and trade association committees and on other public platforms where required
• Pursue new markets, clients and services in conjunction with the Technical Manager to expand the Warringtonfire Certification business
• Participate in corporate projects when required (Occasional European and international travel will be expected)
• Promote internal and external collaboration in different product areas and team work at all times
• Experience in fire resistance or reaction to fire testing and / or assessment and / or certification is preferred, but not essential
• Further or higher education and professional qualification in fire science/engineering or structural engineering is preferred
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft 2010 Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Experience of working with advanced features of Microsoft office package (eg formulas, tables, advanced formatting, VBA, macros) is preferred, but not essential
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to handle a varied workload in a busy environment
• High level of customer service and organisational skills.
• Team player
• Autonomous, ability to act on own initiative
• Collaborative, ability to cooperate and share resources
• Confident in own abilities
• Commercial awareness
• Able to work with colleagues and clients at all levels – from ‘shop floor’ to higher management.
• Respond positively to change
Element is one of the fastest growing testing, inspection and certification businesses in the world. Globally we have more than 6,500 brilliant minds operating from 200 sites across 30 countries. Together we share an ambitious purpose to ‘Make tomorrow safer than today’.
When failure in use is not an option, we help customers make certain that their products, materials, processes and services are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. From early R&D, through complex regulatory approvals and into production, our global laboratory network of scientists, engineers, and technologists support customers to achieve assurance over product quality, sustainable outcomes, and market access.
While we are proud of our global reach, working at Element feels like being part of a smaller company. We empower you to take charge of your career, and reward excellence and integrity with growth and development.
Industries across the world depend on our care, attention to detail and the absolute accuracy of our work. The role we have to play in creating a safer world is much bigger than our organization.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
Element is proud to be a full member of the Testing, Inspection & Certification Council (the “TIC Council”), an international association representing independent testing, inspection and certification companies.
Members of the TIC Council must implement and abide by the TIC Council Compliance Code. Element has therefore issued an overarching Code of Conduct which is supported by our Compliance Programme. A copy of the Code of Conduct and more information about our Compliance Programme can be found in the Governance and Integrity section of www.element.com.