Warringtonfire, part of the Element Group, has an opportunity for a Senior / Principal Technical Engineer for Product Assessment to join our team in Hong Kong working as a part of fast growing Asia technical assessment department.
This is a great opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing organisations within the Testing, Inspection & Certification sector. Warringtonfire exists to help make certain that the materials, products and processes that we test, inspect and certify for our customers are always safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose. Warringtonfire is proud to be part of Element, the market leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification services.
• Conduct technical assessments on passive fire protection products and systems, in lieu of fire tests where appropriate. Be able to judge the relevance and impact of the test data in order to provide advice based on customer needs to produce classification and assessment reports
• Provide technical advice to clients and colleagues and to work efficiently within the required timescales
• Manage own work schedule, priorities and activity/progress against requirements. Work as critical part in the development of the department of product assessment in East Asia and Southeast Asia
• Attain, maintain and apply a defined level of technical competence in agreed product sectors. Maintain professional status and CPD requirements in accordance with accreditation and business requirements. Provide technical support and staff training/mentoring as required
• Maintain and continuously improve quality management and quality assurance of technical assessment activities across the business
• Continuous development of your knowledge regarding relevant National and International Standards (especially EN, BS, AS) and guidance relating to fire safety, in selected product areas
• Senior engineers are expected to lead and contribute to the development of standards, and to represent the company, as appropriate, on nominated standards, sector group and trade association committees and on other public platforms where required
• Perform technical audits, prepare technical files, and support final product certification decisions where required
• Provide support for Accreditation Body audits as required
• Promote internal and external collaboration in different product areas and geographical areas (Australia, Middle East and Europe/UK). Assist in planning test programmes in liaison with clients and the relevant testing departments
• Contribute to the business development, sales and key account management process
• Occasional international travel will be expected
• To always operate in accordance with Element’s Purpose, Mission, Vision and Values
• To work in accordance with all Element’s policies procedures and standards as all times
• This job description should not be considered exhaustive and the business may reasonably request duties in line with the incumbent’s skills, knowledge and aptitude
• Demonstrable experience in fire resistance testing or reaction to fire testing and / or assessment and / or fire protection product certification
• Further or higher education and professional qualification in science / engineering is preferred, e.g. materials science, fire science, fire engineering, structural engineering etc, but not essential
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft 2010 Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• A knowledge of other language in particular local language in the country of operation will be a plus, although not essential
• Ability to handle a varied workload in a busy environment
• High level of customer service and organisational skills.
To apply please email email@example.com
Element is one of the fastest growing testing, inspection and certification businesses in the world. Globally we have more than 6,500 brilliant minds operating from 200 sites across 30 countries. Together we share an ambitious purpose to ‘Make tomorrow safer than today’.
When failure in use is not an option, we help customers make certain that their products, materials, processes and services are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. From early R&D, through complex regulatory approvals and into production, our global laboratory network of scientists, engineers, and technologists support customers to achieve assurance over product quality, sustainable outcomes, and market access.
While we are proud of our global reach, working at Element feels like being part of a smaller company. We empower you to take charge of your career, and reward excellence and integrity with growth and development.
Industries across the world depend on our care, attention to detail and the absolute accuracy of our work. The role we have to play in creating a safer world is much bigger than our organization.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
Element is proud to be a full member of the Testing, Inspection & Certification Council (the “TIC Council”), an international association representing independent testing, inspection and certification companies.
Members of the TIC Council must implement and abide by the TIC Council Compliance Code. Element has therefore issued an overarching Code of Conduct which is supported by our Compliance Programme. A copy of the Code of Conduct and more information about our Compliance Programme can be found in the Governance and Integrity section of www.element.com.